How to Order
By choosing D Dub Custom Sportswear, you'll be working with enthusiastic artists and account representatives in the U.S. and the UK. We want to make the ordering process as seamless and as trouble-free as possible. We are not only artists and sales reps; we too are athletes. All of our staff members have ridden, raced, or managed bikes teams for many years. We understand how important and time-sensitive clothing orders are, so we want to make sure that working with us will be a trouble-free endeavor. We have an easy 4 step ordering process:
1. Request clothing samples
We have garments clothing samples available. These samples will provide you with an idea of the quality of our clothing. A deposit will be required (a PayPal invoice will be sent to the contact person). The samples must be returned within 3 days of receipt.
Please Note: VERY IMPORTANT — You may only request a maximum of three samples and you cannot choose the sizes. The purpose of the samples is for quality review purposes only. We do not send complete size runs until you have placed an order. No exceptions.
2. Request a Custom Sales Order Form
Let us know which design option you want: Full Custom or Semi-Custom. Our Sales Specialist will send you a Custom or Semi-Custom Sales Order Form for your approval. Once we receive back the signed order form and a $100 non-refundable Artwork Deposit, we will proceed with the initial art design stage for your order.
We accept payment via PayPal or Check. Upon receipt of your signed Sales Order Form and Artwork Deposit, our Customer Service Specialist will send you a confirmation letter outlining the production dates and fee deadlines for each step of the order fulfillment process. It is important to adhere to the due dates to ensure your original estimated ship date.
3. Send us your artwork
At this time, you can send us your art ideas. For Full Custom, we need to know your preferred color combinations and any design elements you want to incorporate into the artwork. For Semi-Custom, some design templates can be modified for various color combinations, others can't. Email your logos (see artwork submission details in Technical Requirements of Designs).
5-7 days after we receive your logo files you will receive an email from us with your initial art proofs. We will provide 2 design proofs from which to choose from from. Review the proofs and let us know if they are in line with your design vision. Provide us with any suggestions or changes that you would’d like to have made. Please allow 2-3 days for us to make changes to your artwork. Once you have confirmed that you are completely satisfied with the artwork, you’ll sign the proof confirming the final proof meets your expectations. At that time, we will need your 50% order deposit (with sizes); your order balance will be due before we ship.
6-8 weeks is the estimated shipping times after the art proof approval and order deposit (with sizes) have been received.
4. Request a Sizing Sample Form
We strongly recommend you take advantage of ordering our sizing sample clothing (especially for for new customers). This will help to insure that you order the correct sizes for you.
Every custom cycling clothing supplier makes their clothing in the sizes that they believe best satisfies the most customers. What this means is that the sizing can vary between suppliers. Our clothing is sized to be unique to D Dub Custom Sportswear. We do not intend to, nor claim to have clothing that fits like other clothing suppliers.
A deposit for the full retail value of the sizing samples will be required to insure its return; you will pay only pay for the return shipping. Sizing samples must be returned within 4 days of receipt. We accept PayPal or check for the deposit. The deposit will be returned to you once we receive the samples back.
It would be wise to have all of your members meet to try on the samples to insure correct sizes are ordered.
Technical Requirements of Designs
We use the same artwork for all tops (jerseys, jackets, vests, skin suit tops) and all bottoms (shorts, bib shorts, tights, skin suit bottoms). Summer and Winter gloves can use the same basic artwork.
- We accept Adobe Illustrator or EPS files. We do not work in Corel Draw but can accept vector files created in Corel Draw (Note that colors will not be exact when files are opened in Illustrator). We use a Macintosh format and will generate your art in Adobe Illustrator. We will need all of your sponsor and team logos in a Vector format. You must have the legal right to distribute the logo to us, we are not responsible for unauthorized logos used in your artwork.
- We can use Pantone colors; supply us with the exact Pantone number for each color desired. Since we use a digital printing system, this process provides you with an extreme range of colors using the industry standard CMYK color process.
- All logos and design elements must be sent as vector files. We can accept some bitmap logos (files that end in .JPEG, .GIF, etc.) as long as they are at least 300dpi. Vector art is created in a vector-based software program like Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand. It is based on points and lines created from mathematical equations and can be easily edited or scaled with the click of a mouse. Vector artwork is typically found in files that end in .EPS or .AI. For example: mylogo.eps or mylogo.ai
- Convert all text to outlines or let us know all of the font names.
- Since we use digital sublimation printing, virtually any design is possible. Unlike traditional sublimation, in which one set of artwork is used for every size garment, we prepare separate artwork for every garment size. That means that the artwork will have the correct scale and look proportional from the smallest to the largest size.
- Our U- Panel shorts consist of a “U” shaped combination rear/side panel. The shorts are made up of 5 panels (right front, left front, U Panel, left rear, right rear). Every panel of these shorts can be sublimated with images and/or logos.
If you want to make changes to your existing artwork like adding new sponsor logos or changing colors, this would constitute a new order (applicable to Custom Orders only, steps 2-3 of the ordering process will apply). When making changes to your design, a minimum order of 15 tops and 15 bottoms are required (original order minimum for all other items applies). If you are not making any changes to your artwork, the minimums and pricing is the same as your original order.
Re-orders normally ships in 4-5 weeks. Re-Orders requiring changes in artwork will ship 5-7 weeks after art approval. All orders require a 50% deposit.